Thursday, 24 October 2013

When the little man first started Kindy I thought I would have heaps of time to play in my craft room, boy was I wrong! He goes two days a week and it takes around 25 minutes to get there and then another 25 minutes to get home, then once I'm home I start doing all the stuff I want to do while he's not under my feet, and it is lonely, sometimes I turn the tv on for awhile to have cartoons playing so I have that background noise, What will I do when he starts school next year!!!!!
I did get a couple of hours to play with some paint and gesso and I did this layout of a group of friends and I at retreat.
My background is black paint through a stencil I made using Stampin up! Lattice Bigz die, and the blue is spray through a piece of scrap paper that I had punched some circles in for another project, then I stamped and drew some circles and then I gessoed over the whole lot to tone it down a bit, I have used a bit of designer paper from Stampin up! Venetian Romance and a frame from my stash with a bit of Prima's Lyric under it with the word friend showing in the middle, with a few flowers and buttons I was finished.
It was also my Husbands birthday so I baked him a cake, I'm not very good at cakes but I really enjoy making them, and the little man really enjoys eating them! So I made him a vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream and chocolate fingers around the edge to hold the 'mud' and pigs in.
We enjoyed it and it tasted it good.
I also made my first Ricotta cheese, I used Wendyl Nissen recipe from her green goddess site, and it was really yummy and easy to make, I would show you a photo but it didn't last long enough, so tomorrow I'm going to make more but in a larger volume, and hopefully I might get a photo before it all goes!
so I will leave you all with a photo of my cake and catch you next time
happy craftin 

No comments:

Post a Comment