Friday, 4 April 2014

Stepping out!!

Welcome to my first ever DT blog, Must admit I'm a little scared but here goes, Jo sent us a beautiful box of crafty goodness to play with and on top was our first must makes, one was a boot and the other was a shoe in pieces! I took one look and thought what have I done, can I do this DT thing! but after a few days of thinking, I was getting excited over the possibilities of what I could make, I decided my shoe was first, and I decided a mini it must become. I have used my oldest daughter for inspiration as she has more of a shoe fetish than me ( I have gummies and sneakers, no heels) As congratulation's  to myself for getting on the Imagine if design team I brought a Zutter binder and really needed to play! The cover is 3D from the pieces of chipboard that you get in the pack and I have use Kaisercraft's " Lady Rose" Papers, Such beautiful rich colours!
 
I have added ribbons, charms and feathers on the spine, and used liquid pearls for my pretty pearly dots on the inner edges of the shoe.
 
On my first two pages I have used some of the sticker quotes from my "Lady Rose" pack, and some of the felt flowers from Imagine if, now I was worried how I was going to use anything felt because I never have used it before, but I love the soft look and the lovely texture of the felt especially when added to something hard, like the metal flower underneath.
 
 
My next two pages are for some photos,  I have embellished with more felt flowers ( expect to see more of these, I'm in love with them) I  have used some frames from the family tree pack that were in my box of crafty goodness, and put sticker crowns over the top , then put inspirational words to fill in some gaps!
 
My last page I have put a small envelope with a bit of Velcro for any small mementoes that need to be kept, with some paper roses and a Prima resin bird, which I have added a small bit of colour using my perfect pearls and H2o'S
I hope you have enjoyed my first blog for Imagine if...
Please leave a comment and pop over to the other DT members blogs to see what they have been up to. 
Happy Craftin
Katrina
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!! Cant wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your Mini shoe album is great and so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete