Sunday, 2 November 2014

Christmas Sleigh

Hello and welcome to another Hop for Imagine If, today Beth, Lilian and I have Christmas sleigh's and they are awesome,and the other design team members have done Christmas layouts. I really love making something for Christmas every year, and these are so cute to make for a coffee table center piece or a gift, Today I have remembered to take photos of my making process. so sit back and enjoy.
First thing I did was cover all of the sleigh pieces in white gesso, and using Imagine If's  Rain go away stencil i put lighting down the sides and use some of the rain for lovely texture stripes.
Then i have used Dylusions, Cherry pie for my base coat of red but i wanted it a bit darker so then i have randomly sprayed  Lindy's Jolly Roger Red and Incandescent copper. 

I have used a little acrylic paint on my lighting and rain stripes and put some eyelets on the front.
Then I have covered my chipboard pieces in either black or white gesso and all metal in clear gesso.
I have used a mixture of colours in spraying to give an aged look.
My wings I have embossed in Utees and the snow flakes I have used a glitter embossing powder, the bottle caps have pewter seed beads glued in the centers to give more texture.
Then I have glued them on so they are the same on both sides, and I have added some chain on through the eyelets.


My finished sleigh, I'm usually a traditional person for Christmas but went slightly out of my Christmas box and love the results.
Next on the hop is Beth with her Sleigh, make sure you check out the other design team members with their start of Christmas inspiration, I'm sure there will be something to inspire you to make your own.
Happy Craftin
Katrina

7 comments:

  1. wowwee this is sooo gorgeous, what a fantastic job you've done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sleigh, its a little steam-punk / rock in roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Katrina love it very cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good...liking it!!!

    ReplyDelete