Sunday, 7 December 2014

Christmas Stocking!

Hello, and welcome to this weeks Imagine If blog hop, This week we all got a beautiful hessian stocking to decorate, But Jo decided we needed to play a game among the Design team members, we all had to describe what we thought each others stocking would be like, sounds easy right!! Here is some of what the team wrote for me:
" something earthy" "traditional clean lines"  "something for her little man" " Bold block colours" and all I could see was vintage, but I wanted it to have a kiwi feel, so I have a cute little Kiwi chipboard peeking out from under my flowers and "Merry Christmas" is in Maori.




So for my background I have used the diamond stencil, then I have layered with crochet doily and an old book page, The picture of Santa is from Paper Arts 'Yuletide 5' Available from Imagine If, The red flowers I got from Imagine If and the white flowers, leaves and berries are just from my stash. Using my Lindy's stamp gang Sprays available from Imagine If, I coloured my chipboard frame and kiwi a beautiful copper. My Meri Kirihimete is just stamped in black into a piece of book paper then inked the edges to make it look old.




You can start the hop at Imagine If, or if you have been following along you have just come from Tash, and the next stop along the way is Carol. I hope you have enjoyed your stop here and have gathered a lot of Inspiration along the way.

Happy Craftin
Katrina

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Katrina, love all of the layers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cluster of Christmas flowers! Gorjuss

    ReplyDelete
  3. clever use of the picture and frame

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea and looks very Christmassy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stocking, love the kiwi touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. Everyone has done something different and I love all of them

    ReplyDelete